Tuesday 6 May 2014

Rosehip Gin

Rosehips in gin - the start of the journey
I recently bottled the Rosehip Gin I made back in November. It was a bit experimental, so here's the verdict. DO IT!

In fairness, I'm not really sure if it tastes of rosehips any more. I'm not even sure if it's related to gin any more because *something* went on in between time that turned it into golden, syruppy rocket-fuel. But it's good, and that's what counts!

Given that it was very experimental, I just winged the recipe and can't quite remember what quantities I used (which is part of the purpose of this blog!).  Anyhow, it was something along the lines of this:

5 months on, and we're done

Rosehip Moonshine

- 1.5l gin (cheapie stuff)
- 750g rosehips (topped, tailed and quickly washed)
- 500g sugar... or maybe 750g.

All in a demijohn, stopper and keep in a cool, dark place until you like the look of it.  Yes, it's that scientific. Once you're happy, filter through the trusty tights and then again through a coffee filter. This last bit will take some time, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment